The Great Day
After you had chosen and signed up for a hosting account at HostGator. And after you had found and registered an appropriate domain and you linked the domain with the server, finally the great day has come. Today you will install WordPress.
Not so long ago, now I would have to describe how to download a free, zip file of WordPress. How to unpack it and install everything manually. But those days are gone for good. Today this type of advice would be worth nothing, because no one have to do it anymore. And I’ve always been saying that you do not have to deal with such things. You must have a hosting provider which allows you to install WP with just a few clicks. It’s possible to do with 5 clicks using Fantastico tool at HostGator. And that’s why HostGator is the best for you (and me too).
The whole process of installing WP via Fantastico tool is very simple and below I’m describing everything in detail. You won’t have any problems with that.– I’m sure. So, let’s start.
Log into HostGator Control Panel (cPanel).:
There are many different scripts listed on the left side. All are available to install via Fantastico tool. Choose and click WordPress (that’s click #2). By clicking Control Panel you will go back to cPanel.:
To initiate WP installation process just click New Installation (that’s click #3).:
Now you need to enter required information about installation.:
- Install on domain.– choose a domain name for your blog (only if you have an unlimited domains hosting plan).
- Install in directory.– leave this empty. WP will be installed in the root directory of the choosen domain.
- Administrator-username.– it can’t be changed later, so it’s very important for security reasons to create something more difficult than just myusername.
- Password.– enter login password to WP, you can change that later.
- Admin nickname.– all posts will be published under this nickname.
- Admin e-mail.– your email address you will get all information about installed WP (username, password). It’s good to enter secure address of email account you had created in HostGator cPanel.
- Site name.– it can by changed later.
- Discription.– short discripion what your blog is about. It can also be changed later.
- Click Install WordPress (that’s click #4).
Next click Finish installation (that’s click #5).:
If everything goes O.K. you will get this notice below and you can click the link with the full URL of the blog (red arrow), to log in WordPress Dashboard.:
Your next steps
After getting through all these steps and clicks you have that famous WordPress installed. What to do next ? I have to tell you quite honestly that this is only the beginning of your long, long journey to become a blogger. Next, real work begins. Click and read.: WordPress Basics Part 1. – how to log in and log out WP.