Your first steps with HostGator
After choosing hosting package, entering all the information required about account, paymentand and so on, now is the time to log into Control Panel (cPanel). But what is cPanel ? Basically it’s a management tool for a hosting account. Via cPanel you can for example install WordPress or add new domain or create email account. In order to do this and other things you have to log into cPanel. But first log into your mailbox address given during the process of registering a hosting account. You will get an email from HostGator like this one here.:
- 1. is a link to HostGator Billing/Support System. You can either click the link or just put in web browser http:// gbcclient.hostgator.com/login.
- 2. is a given password required to log in to HostGator Billing/Support System.
- 3. is a link to your Control Panel (cPanel). To be able to log into cPanel you don’t need every time open the email and click this link. Just type in a browser http:// gatorXZX.hostgator.com:ZZZ (where XZX and ZZZ are the numbers given in an e-mail from HostGator).
- X in this place is your username, you had previously entered during registeration.
- 4. is a domain you created hosting account for.
- 5. is a password needed to log into cPanel.
- 6. indicates 1st and 2nd nameserver which is the exact location on the server of your hosting account. You will need this to point a domain with hosting account.
- 7. is the IP of the server.
Log into cPanel
I’m sure you now now how to log into cPanel. Just click on the link in the email indicated as number 3. or type http:// gatorXZX.hostgator.com:ZZZ (where XZX and ZZZ enter the numbers given in the e-mail).:
Enter your username.– in an email that is X and enter your account password.– that’s 5. That is all. Finally, click Log in and you’ll be inside of your cPanel.:
By clicking in upper, right hand corner LOGOUT you will be logged out. Now you have a domain name for your blog, hosting accoun and you now how to log into cPanel. So, click and read.: Connect your domain and hosting account together.